General Meeting Minutes for 2013
11.30am, Wednesday 27th March 2013
Lecture Theatre 4, Arts Tower, University of Sheffield
In the chair: Professor David Jordan, Chairman of the BMC. Members present: c. 107.
- Apologies for absence received from Peter Fleischmann, James Shank and Ivan Tomašić.
- Minutes of the previous meeting were approved, with no matters arising.
- BMC 2014 at Queen Mary University of London, 7 10 April. The Public Lecture will be by Persi Diaconis, on the topic of Martin Gardner, the centenary of whose birth will fall in 2014.
- Joint BMC-BAMC 2015 at the University of Cambridge. The dates will be 30 March 2 April (Easter Sunday 5 April).
- Dr Tim Dokchitser invited the BMC to the University of Bristol for 2016. This was approved by acclamation.
- The Isaac Newton Institute was keen to receive proposals for its future activities. A flyer had been included in the registration pack.
- Election of a representative of the 2013 BMC to serve on the BMC Scientific Committee for the coming year. In the absence of nominations the Scientific Committee was given authority to co-opt. Post-meeting note: Dr Raymond Vozzo (Glasgow) acted as representative for the meeting of the Committee later that day, and Dr Stuart White (Glasgow) agreed to serve as representative subsequently.
- Any other business. Charles Goldie proposed a vote of thanks to the organisers, David Jordan and Eugenia Cheng; this was carried by acclamation.
The meeting closed after 8 minutes.
Minuted by Charles Goldie.