Scientific Committee Agenda for September 2018
British Mathematical Colloquium Scientific Committee Agenda for the meeting of 10 September 2018
Burnside Room, De Morgan House, 57-58 Russell Square 2pm
(lunch available from 1pm)
- Welcome, confirmation of membership
Phil Rippon (Open) until 31 May 2020.
Sarah Rees (Newcastle) until 31 May 2019. Maud Devisscher (City) until 31 May 2020. Constanze Roitzheim (Kent) until 31 May 2020. EdMS representatives:
Sophie Huczynska (St Andrews) until 31 May 2020.
Michael Wemyss (Glasgow) until 31 May 2020 (attending via Skype).
St Andrews (2018):
Colva Roney-Dougal, Mike Todd.
Jan Grabowski, Tony Nixon.
Representative of the 2018 BMC:
Brigitte Stenhouse (Open) until 30 September 2018.
Fiona Nixon (Executive Secretary of the LMS), Elizabeth Fisher (LMS) or Anthony Byrne (LMS).
- Apologies for absence
Colva Roney-Dougal, Sophie Huczynska, Brigitte Stenhouse, Maud Devisscher, Jan Grabowski
- Minutes of Scientific Committee meeting at St Andrews on 13 June 2018
The minutes are to be circulated. Confirmation and matters arising not otherwise on this Agenda.
- Minutes of BMC AGM at St Andrews on 13 June 2018
To be circulated.
- Academic and Financial Report on the BMC at St Andrews, 11-14 June 2018
- Update on plans for BMC in Lancaster 8-11 April 2019
- Plans for BMC/BAMC in Glasgow 6-9 April 2020
- Future BMCs
There will be a discussion of potential hosts beyond 2020.