References for Schieffelin Claytor
Version for printing
- V L Farmer and E Shepherd-Wynn, Voices of Historical and Contemporary Black American Pioneers, 4 volumes (ABC-CLIO, 2012).
- V Newell, J H Gipson, L W Rich and B Stubblefield (eds.), Black Mathematicians and Their Works (Dorrance & Company, Ardmore, PA, 1980).
- I Brown, William Claytor, Reflections: The UPenn Black History Project (13 February 2012).
- H S Deiss, Katherine Johnson: A Lifetime of STEM, NASA Educational Technology Services (6 November 2013).
- J A Donaldson, Black Americans in mathematics, in P L Duren et al. (eds.), A Century of Mathematics in America Volume 3 (American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1989), 449-469.
- J L Houston, William W Shieffelin Claytor 1908-1967, National Association of Mathematicians Newsletter (Winter Issue, 1994).
- J L Houston, William W Shieffelin Claytor 1908-1967, SUMMA Archival Record, Mathematical Association of America.
- P C Kenschaft, Black men and women in mathematical research, J. Black Stud. 18 (1987), 170-190.
- K H Parshall, Mathematics and the Politics of Race: The Case of William Claytor (Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1933), Amer. Math. Monthly 123 (3) (2016), 214-240.
- Pioneer African American Mathematicians, Department of Mathematics, University of Pennsylvania.
- William Claytor, A Mathematical Genius, African American Registry.
- S W Williams, William Schieffelin Claytor, Mathematicians of the African Diaspora, The Mathematics Department, State University of New York at Buffalo.
JOC/EFR October 2016
The URL of this page is: