References for John Hellins
Version for printing
- R E Anderson, rev. Adrian Rice, Hellins, John (d. 1827), Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2004).
- J Bowyer Nichols, Illustrations of the Literary History of the Eighteenth Century: Consisting of Authentic Memoirs and Original Letters of Eminent Persons; and Intended as a Sequel to the Literary Anecdotes 6 (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1831), 43-47.
- J Clamp, Potterspury's Clerical Mathematician, Northamptonshire Past & Present (1992).
- J Hellins, Theorems for computing logarithms, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society 70 (1780), 307-317.
- Obituary, Rev. John Hellins, F.R.S., The Gentleman's Magazine and Historical Chronical 98 (21) (1828), 181.
- R Polwhele, John Hellins, F.R.S., in The history of Cornwall 5 (1816), 107.
- J A Venn, Hellins, John, in Alumni Cantabrigienses (10 vols.) (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1922-1958).
JOC/EFR January 2013
The URL of this page is: